Friday 9 March 2012

Bye bye FL, Hello Logic

I've just finalized the purchase on the new studio PC and have decided to switch completely to Logic.

FL Studio will be missed though, it truly was great for the price and ease of use. Logic has a different approach to most things but sure i'll get the hang of it soon enough.

The choice was based largely on the hassles with my previous rig which had played up again recently coupled with my inquisitive nature - wondering why everyone recommends Logic. So let's see what the fuss is about shall we.

So far haven't even started it up - still waiting for the 2GB extras to download so I can get going (cannot to skip this step). So heres to even bigger challenges and achievements - really feel it's a milestone on a personal level. Expect feedback, quirks, headaches, tips and much more in future.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: I've had a bit of time in Logic and enjoying the experience so far. I did expect the learning curve to be steeper than it was for me but put this down to the polishing each version. I think that they have made it a lot easier each release or at least more intuitive.

    I do miss items from FL Studio, namely Gross Beat and Sytrus. I've found it easy enough to create simple Gross Beat type effects manually but the more advanced timed events / sequences that GB offered are going to be hell tough to get right in Logic. Sytus is okay though - the bundled plugins / internal synths can reproduce most of those sounds.

    What I really enjoy about Logic is what others don't particularly like at all - and that is it's workflow. I also like the idea of folder driven workspaces - where I can clean up the arrangement window when it becomes to cluttered by assigning a folder specific to say a drum kit.

    I will miss FL Studio because that's where I started to get a bit more serious in terms of production - I do feel that Logic was the next step though and so far, it was a good move.

    ReplyDelete